Search With Us

Friday, August 26, 2011

ok-- really committed and some Q & A

As we await some of the amazing photography from the team of talented photographers shooting the weddings of our brides and grooms...now friends!!  I thought I would take some time to answer a few questions.  I am asked consistently the following questions and so perhaps I can add this to our blog of information...as I re-commit myself to successful blogging!  I want the posts to be helpful and full of information and that takes so much time to do it right.  I won't do it if I cannot do it correctly.  And, that applies to everything we do.  Maybe I need to apply that to cleaning out those pesky cabinets in my guest bathroom!  h

Q:  How do I tell my guests that our wedding is adults only?

A:  I get this question for every single Adults Only Wedding I have ever worked on.  The invitations should be addresses to the guests that you are inviting.  If you are not inviting the children, the invitation outer and inner envelopes are not addressed that way.  For example, the Outer Envelope would be addressed to Mr. and Mrs. Joe Smith with the Inner Envelope addressed to Joe and Jane or Joe, Jane, Billy and Susie if the children are included in the invitation.  As an aside, guests that receive such an invitation should recognize that great thought has gone into the guest list for a wedding and it is rude to ask the hosts if they could attend with their children.  However, this does occasionally happen and the host is put in the difficult spot of telling their beloved family and/or friends no.  But, a gracious way would be to share with the guest that there is limited space in your ceremony or reception site and you have taken great care to invite everyone that they possibly can and that you hope they will still be able to attend your wedding.

Q:  When should I mail my invitations?

A:  Another fine question I get asked consistently.  I recommend you mail your wedding invitations 7.5 weeks in advance of your wedding, farther out if you have international guests.  I also recommend that you mail them on a Thursday so they will arrive on Saturday (generally) when we typically do open and read our mail.  I also recommend that you have your Respond Cards due back on or before the Thursday 2.5 weeks prior to your wedding.  This will allow a few Respond cards to come on in through Saturday and you can have the weekend to double check your guest counts, finalize seating arrangements, etc with your family when it is much easier for everyone to get together to finish up these last plans.  Remember, too, that your catering counts and floral counts will generally be due that next week and 2.5 weeks gives you enough time to finish those last few details.

I hope these little hints help you.  Be sure to write me or comment if you have your own questions!  I am happy to post them with the answers on the blog.

I PROMISE I will be much better at this!!!

Happy Planning!

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment